In my opinion, it's too late.
I'm really thinking about choosing a different company next time.
The main changes are:
- Linux Kernel 2.6.32 (Needs less RAM)
- App2SD (Save Apps to SD)
- Tethering ( Wiki: Tethering )
- and Flash 10.1 support !!
Download and Info: Motorola
- Connect your Milestone via USB
- Make sure it's fully charged
- Install the update on your PC
- Start it and let it do it's work...
Please also visit our Youtube channel!
You could, of course, install Gingerbread instead of froyo.
Here is an untested and not-sure-if-illegal step by step instruction
pathikshah.com/blog - Install android 2.3 gingerbread on motorola droid